So, how do I find and add a Twitter app to my phone? Here are some of the most popular free Twitter apps available and how to get them installed on your Blackberry:
1. UberTwitter- Full featured Twitter client that offers many features for Twitter users that have a Blackberry device. These include:
* The ability to send pictures and videos in your tweets
* The ability to follow a thread of replies
* Automatic URL shortening, saved searches, and more
To try this Twitter app, visit ubertwitter.com/bb/download.php from your Blackberry.
2. TwitterBerry- TwitterBerry is an easy to use Twitter application and is a popular choice. You can quickly:
* Send tweets and pictures
* Receive direct messages and replies
* View friends timeline and the public timeline
To download TwitterBerry go to orangatame.com/ota/twitterberry/ on your BlackBerry browser.
3. Tiny Twitter- Visit tinytwitter.com from your Blackberry and the site will recognize which device you are using so you get the correct version. Some prefer TinyTwitter because of the settings and options that are available. This includes:
* Sync, font, and user interface settings
* Tweet Ticker that runs along the bottom of the screen and shows your latest tweet.
* User specific timeline option
4. Snap2Twitter- This Twitter application is mostly used for instantly posting your photos. You can also add text to the tweet before it is sent. The reviews for this app have been mixed but if you are looking for a good photo posting app you may want to consider this one. This free app can be found in the Blackberry App World.
5. Viigo- Viigo has recently added a Twitter and social networking category to its list of options. The current Twitter app is in beta but allows you to:
* Send tweets, direct messages, retweet, and follow
* Customize options such as the channels that you would like to display
Viigo has been a popular all in one app and is looking to add and compete in the social networking arena. This app can be found for free in the Blackberry App World.
Now that you have a list of some popular free Twitter apps, start testing them out. Remember, you can always delete an app and try another one out to find which best fits your needs.